1. THE PRIVACY AMENDMENT (PRIVATE SECTOR) ACT 2001
Towards the end of 2001, the Federal government enacted changes to privacy law in Australia. Amendments to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“the Privacy Act”), regulate the way in which many private sector organisations, collect, use, disclose, keep secure and manage personal information. The provisions aim to give members of the public greater control over the way information about them is handled, and apply to personal, but not business-related, information. Under the amended Privacy Act, organisations must comply with 10 National Privacy Principles or an approved privacy code. You can find out more about the Privacy Act at www.privacy.gov.au
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- to provide our clients with information about our services from time to time
- to manage subscriptions to newsletters and other publications
- to conduct promotions
We only collect personal information when necessary to provide the relevant services or to assist it in providing better services.
- as part of a subscription to one of our publications and/or promotions
- on the entry form for a competition or promotion
3. HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may keep business contact information about you. We only use this information for normal business purposes.
4. PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share, sell or rent any identifiable personal information about you to any third party without your permission.
Where we contract out some of our activities, such as bulk mailing, that involve your personal information, we take reasonable steps so that your personal information is duly protected.
We store your information on computer databases as well as in hard copy. We take all reasonable steps to ensure the security and privacy of your information. We take reasonable measures so that your personal information is protected from unauthorised access and misuse.
5. YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
You can ask us to provide you with access to personal information we hold about you (including for the purpose of advising us of any inaccuracies). We will comply with any such request to the extent required by the Privacy Act. There is no fee for making such a request or for providing access to your personal information. We will endeavour to respond to your request within 14 days.
6. PRIVACY CONCERNS, MORE INFORMATION AND OUR CONTACT DETAILS
- advise us of any changes to your contact details or other information we may hold
- complain to us if you believe that your personal privacy has been breached
- obtain more information about the way we manage personal information that we hold
- request access to personal information we hold about you
- ask to be removed from our mailing list